Monday 15 November 2010

Intoxicatingly Sensuous

Sloe Berry
As me & the endlessly happy hound  walked our usual little Dawn break march, the frost crumpling beneath my feet - which were absolutely gorgeous and warm thanks to my new fur lined short wellies :) ooh how the simple things in life fill me with such pleasures - the heavy widespread frost reminded me the remaining Sloe's would be perfect for picking. Later this afternoon we shall go Sloe Berry picking again, also must retrieve the  Sloe Gin recipes. Mmmm today it seems will become a day of home creativity ..  lots of baking to do, some work between then into brewing, clearing, cleaning & cooking. Although the bread is almost done, we're having mixed seed loaf which already smells absolutely delicious - will be even more tasty toasted. There's nothing quite like the smell of fragrant bread baking .. well except maybe the accompanying coffee and the constant, gorgeous smell of log fires.  Our senses are such incredible luxurious necessities, forever I am grateful to have all... common sense being perhaps the most significant one too ha ha. 
Wow, just looking out of the window - the gateway to elsewhere - the wondrous canopy we know as the sky stretches far - it's absolutely gorgeously clear and divine hues of blue,  still feels very cold  but thankfully its dry which is wonderful. Perfect views this morning, about 45 miles of panoramic beauty. After 21 years of living here upon the hill, still I adore each & every moment & never a moment the same. Transfixed, the sky is my heaven - my sanctuary & a constant source of inspiration. I am fascinated by clouds, love cloud formations, adore the forever changing weather fronts & of course the broad perspectives. I truly can't ever imagine living in a valley looking beyond the tree tops has been my view for so long now - blessed is life.  Brrrrr,  the heavy frost means the car windscreens are frozen. Right now bless, our daughter's little finger tips will be frozen too - defrosting her little car before leaving for school. How the years fly by - it doesn't seem two seconds since she would sit in the car all wrapped up, wearing her favourite pompom hat & soft scarf, her little coat & fur lined boots & a blanket watching me scrape the ice from the windscreen. Each & every moment a moment of creation, never to be repeated only reclaimed in memories. How many times she would hear me whisper, "keep it simple - just be the best you can be Darling, just do the very best you can & all else will be as its meant to be"  (best according to her gauge not any others - no ego 'best' only authenticity :)  There are so many things we wish to share with our children, but I live very much here & now, the past I learn from but don't hold onto & the future, ultimately  I suppose I contribute to creating in every moment of my choices - but many other ingredients merge to make the mixture of life, destiny & purpose ..  it kinda looks after itself.  Its all so very intoxicating. Life - Love - Living - Being & Doing .. all with love, kindness & celebrations ..   so if there's anything I hope, of all the things in life I could share with her,  that simplicity is the philosophy I hope she will most remember & adhere to.   Being in the moment & choice is the most important quality we have.  Oooh talking of being in the moment & making the most of it,  must whizz the bread's done!! As the Sloes are ripe & ready to be picked I must ensure the gin awaits its rich flavouring.  First though, a long delicious mocha coffee with some freshly toasted bread. Oh what simple joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For your time, your thoughts & expression - Thankyou.
Wishes for your day - good health, wealth of Soul with a heart full of love & laughter xXx