Sunday 17 October 2010

Limpet loveliness

After a fabulous night in Brighton witnessing the most amazing - awesome - never know how anyone can make a guitar sound like that - guitarist (Mr Jeff Beck) we returned quite late, arriving home to unexpected company so I didnt get to bed til this morning .. so little Twiz had a late one too which fortunately meant my unintended oblivion to the dawn wee walk was fine. As I awoke suddenly at 7.45am. Bless her dear little heart, she was obviously still curled up fast asleep as I trundled downstairs. Even though the utility room door is closed, I can hear if she's awake :) the whole house can hear if she's awake. This morning in absolute silence I quietly opened the door thinking I'd make it to the back door to open it before she can reach it. Her little excited wagging tail encouraging exciting morning first widdles prematurely!! I opened the back door & slowly Twiz rises from her bed, placing her paws down onto the utility room floor  she slips back down into a little heap.
OOoh yesterday that extra long walk in the woods & the extra lost in the woods walk  must've worn her little self out. Also those lovely teenagers who were pup sitting maybe played & played & played. . all exhausting her. I laugh, reassuring her it isn't that cold so c'mon outside wee'weee's !! Remembering she doesn't like the cold Northernly winds & wouldn't go outside yesterday to begun with as it was so cold!! The bum wags even while she's still lying down, although she's still soo subdued!! Okay theres only one way to make this happen! I walk outside and within seconds she's at my feet ..  yaaaay now lets walk!! I know the drill already, I move my feet & you twirl around them in your best efforts to bring me crashing down to your perspectives!!
Ah bless her Soul, as soon as I stop she sits down & looks up so adoringly - waiting  & anticipating the most affectionate  strokes to be bestowed upon her simultaneously knowing it wont happen until she's done her wee'wee's. I remind her why we're outside in the cold, why I'm standing only in a dressing gown & why the paws upon the very muddy garden means no jumping up on me :) 
Yaaaay bum down - deed done! I can retreat back to bed leaving Twiz enjoying her breakfast. . .although I use enjoying as if she will actually enjoy it!!!! Still she is soo fussy with her food. I'm quite sure within another day or so I will have tried her on every single dog food there is available on the market!!!
Yesterday she wouldn't eat any dried food whatsoever! Today she has minuscule scissor cut pieces of chicken skin & chicken ( the tiniest amount from the carcass) & I know she'll have managed to lick it out from that horrible dried stuff you mix with my food!!!
I will return to a full bowl of dog food minus the tiniest morsels of chicken! 
She's hanging on in there - she must know its Sunday!! Ah Roast day today - brill I'll just wait I loved those Yorkshire Puddings!!!!
Still her loveliness is a joy, even if it's momentarily in the funniest of ways .. limpet loveliness. Soon I'm sure her excitement & her joie de vivre will return.  Probably in about 2 hours when we all trundle downstair for breakfast :) Until then I can hear her playing beautifully with her little kong squeaker & kong empty treat cone. Bless she can have them all to herself too - its seems too quiet but I can relax knowing the silence means one little bout of happiness as opposed to two little pups getting into mischief!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

For your time, your thoughts & expression - Thankyou.
Wishes for your day - good health, wealth of Soul with a heart full of love & laughter xXx