Sunday 26 September 2010

Obsequious Obedience!

Enthusiastic spontaneity assisted our decision to attend 'Puppy Training Classes' today... or in other words owner obedience lessons. If we adhere to the Alpha male taking the session, our pups will respond well to us being theirs!
After a few wrong ways & turnings we eventually found the location, a big barn in a lovely few acres of farm land. The field set up today specifically for the dog training, lots of little jumps & a couple of tunnels. The field looked full of dogs & owners, the adult dog class just finishing as the young pups class was due to commence. Our pups were most enthusiastic to trot along happily on the field. then as the bigger dogs came closer & closer they weren't too sure! Distracted & far more tricky to handle in comparison to their amazing one to one sooo obedient listening & compliant ways at home. Yikes, somehow I think all words of praise received with subsequent emerging inner confidence were most premature & dissolving fast. So many puppies, so many voices, so many new smells and many things to see all conspiring together to hinder my pups attention into absolute chaos & distraction. My voice which is familiar seemed to fade into a non existence state of insignificant sound. Entering the barn wasn't just overwhelming for the pups, we both stood, looked at the 20 or so other pups & could so easily leave the place there & then without even participating. Deep breath & gung ho . . 
The next hour passed quickly, moments full of many feelings ranging between depths of despair, ascending towards fun, back to total incompetence & torturous failings. My philosophy of having no expectations, just doing the best we can in every given moment down on its knees gasping for faith!!
Training - what training
we don't need anything - we think we're fine!!
Bless, I'm not sure if it was because I couldnt hear the trainer, or because he had much nicer treats than mine but my little obedient pup soon became rather tricky to handle. The simplest things seemed to confuse us both! Looking over the other side of the Barn I noticed Hubs with a very similar expression on his face, reflecting how I was feeling completely. I must say I did smile a little laced with a great sense of relief. Although I must say little Twizel is by far the more obedient pooch. Except of course when the trainer strides over, noticing that I was struggling, shoves sausage in infront of Kyloe's nose & she responds fully!!! Hmm sausage!!!! No wonder, I mean she's hardly going to jump thru hoops for some dehydrated vile biscuit that she's not too keen on. Okay, if this is just about bribery - next week - in class - in treat bag - roast chicken!!! 
I won't be defeated, although Hubs say's he isnt going again & 'what a bleedin waste of money that was!!!' Bah hum bug ... he he ..  I'll still attend as my little pup needs me to be Alpha dog as she could so easily take the reins if we allowed her to do so. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

For your time, your thoughts & expression - Thankyou.
Wishes for your day - good health, wealth of Soul with a heart full of love & laughter xXx