Sunday 5 September 2010

Meet Kyloe Rose & Twizell Bella

After a long - very long drive, at times most daunting journey when questions teasingly haunting my sanity accompanied each & every mile.
The stamina & endurance shown by all three of us was astounding, especially considering the M11 motorway North was closed, not just a junction - a wee diversion but CLOSED - NO ACCESS AT ALL. Was this an omen to be greeted or feared. After a frantic discussion whilst driving along the A10, it was decided we would continue our journey.
F I V E very long hours later we arrived uptd North, in the lovely County of Yorkshire. Thankfully South Yorkshire. Shockingly, when it dawned on me I was only an hour & a half drive away from my family, just outside Newcastle, I must admit to feeling quite tearful & deeply concerned as to my now fragile sanity & stability of internal harmony.
Our daughter is a little trooper, she was most encouraging, placating my undulating concerns .. "but if we'd only driven a mile or so to pick them up you'd be fine. Its just the distance Mam, we'll be fine - you'll see". How things change I thought - life's process nowadays I want to nurture & care for my parents as if theyre toddlers, keeping them safe & well looked after. Hmm, here I am being cared for by my daughter - surprisingly it doesnt seem two moments ago since I would reassure Cescs, always encouraging her to consider everything will be fine, just wait at see - trust life's process - it has a funny way of sorting things out, often even better than you could ever dream"
Yet here, in the middle of unknown area of Yorkshire, long winding country lanes - my optimism challenged to the core - a countryside full of most potently fragrant aromas which only served to remind me that 'oh my goodness, we've got 5 hours journey back in the car with 2 pups!' Thankfully my darling daughter, being very grown up, most calm & admirably positive helped me thru the veiled moments of confusion & doubts.
We arrive at the home of the breeder 3 hours later than anticipated!
A warm friendly lady, with the lovely Northern way of welcoming "Aw c'mon in, we'll put the kettle on, you must be exhausted - have a nice cuppa tea" The recognised warmth made me smile, but necessities overwhelmed - bathroom for all of us then straight down to business - time wasn't on our side, time was not as friendly to us & as I was responsible for 2 sixth formers getting to school on time the following morning - water was the most appreciated refreshment& a speedy but polite exit a necessity.

We walked into a conservatory greeted by happy wagging tails & little dark noses.
A host of pants, squeaks, licks & jumps. OOooh how could I have ever doubted my initial choice. Beautifully, the two pups which were chosen for us, the only ones left, seemed to know we were there for them. They promptly sat on mine & Cescs knees. The other pups & Mum playing happily - exuberantly happily - with her friend Jack. We were all wholly smitten!! It was a resounding Yes, we'd love them!

So, after all information, papers etc exchanged - all five of us are back on the A1M on route South. Brilliant journey home, Burger King stop over with pups asleep in the foot well. Not a peep, piddle or pooh out of them. .. (all of them) I'm thanking my lucky stars that I have the best daughter in the whole world & if Jack was my son, well he'd be the best son in the whole world too. Terrific teenagers!
Eventually .. 11.45pm ish - might've been much much later but we were so excited & tired we didn't really check the time - we made the pups comfortable, said goodnights & crawled to beddybyes.

Perhaps I was the only one who didn't get much sleep, my mind too active wondering how hubby would truly feel about my .. ahem .. ahem .. Birthday Presents!

Here's to a year ahead full of such joyful surprises.


No comments:

Post a Comment

For your time, your thoughts & expression - Thankyou.
Wishes for your day - good health, wealth of Soul with a heart full of love & laughter xXx